Skip to main content

The Adventures of an Audio Engineer

So the big news this week is that I have finally decided to launch an online mixing service.

Having trained as an Audio Engineer, had years of live experience, as well as producing talents and song writing ability, the time is right for me to apply these skills I have earned to a new business venture.

So if you want to follow what I get up to, head over to Instagram and follow @raptor_audio

I will be offering bespoke mixing and editing services to musicians and bands looking to make their songs stand out on streaming services.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photography. Thoughts On

Some years ago, I worked for a well-known photography retailer.  As an avid photographer, this seemed a dream.  But the mixture of low-pay and having tasty gear waved in front of your face all day long took its toll.  I left and stopped taking photos as I felt my kit was not able to replicate the image I saw in my head. I have since realised this is not true at all, having enjoyed using a few different iterations of the iPhone to take photos. But 2 years ago, now in a position to do so, I bought myself a Canon 70D.  I use a mixture of lenses:  Canon 50mm f/1.8  Canon 24mm f/2.8 Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 Canon 70D with Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5 The big advances have been in the way the photographer can edit and share their photos. So here is a list of my favourite apps for editing photos (all on iOS, not sure about Android!) --- Darkroom |  Lens Distortions |  Lightroom |  Photoshop |  Mextures --- I...

Recipe: Salmon Pad Thai

This is a simple recipe that allows for some experimentation and tailoring to your personal tastes.  The vast majority is also available in Lidl so doesn't require 8 specialist shops! Main Ingredients: Salmon Fillets (1 per person) (Lidl - £2.85/pair) Rice Noodles - these 5mm ones are my preference  (Morrisons - £1.40) Edamame Stir Fry (Lidl - 89p) Mange Tout (Lidl - 89p) Mushrooms - your preference on type! The following spices are worth the trip to various shops to stock up on... Spices: Black Cardamom Pod Sea Salt - The Cornish Sea Salt Co Flakes are my favourite! Pepper Sichuan Peppercorns - this is actually a little citrus thing.  Tastes like strong lemon and makes your tongue tingle! Korean Chili Powder - Course (Type for Kimchi!) Sesame Seeds Cashew Nuts - (unsalted) Sriracha Sauce Soy Sauce Cooking Oil - Olive or Rapeseed This is a mostly vegan dish, and if you replace the salmon with tofu, it's completely vegan! I leave it up to you t...

Sesame Salmon & Aromatic Rice with Avocado & Pak Choi

Ingredients: 2x Salmon Fillets  1x Pak Choi  3x Spring Onion 1x Avocado 175g White Rice Sesame Seeds Sesame Oil Butter Light Soy Sauce Cornish Sea Salt  Black Pepper Chilli Flakes Granulated Garlic Step 1: Toast Sesame Seeds Use a small, dry frying pan and add sesame seeds and heat - once they start popping, they're done - move them around often to achieve an even dark-gold colour throughout.  Set to one side in a bowl and let them cool. Step 2: Cook Rice Boil the kettle Heat up 1 knob of butter in sauce-pan and once melted, add rice - add half a teaspoon of sesame oil and the juice of half a lime and ensure rice is evenly coated.  The butter stops the rice becoming stodgy, and sesame oil is for flavour. Add boiling water to the rice in a hot pan, to roughly 3/4" above the rice.  Put the lid on and turn the heat down. Step 3: Season Salmon Salt, Pepper and Granulated Garlic.  Add ch...